Technical Assistance for Budget Support Programme “Support to Justice Sector Reforms in Armenia”
This Technical Assistance (TA) Project is a complementary support component of the ongoing EU budget support program for justice reform in Armenia. The overall objective of the TA is to strengthen the capacities of the Government of Armenia to implement the Judicial and Legal Reform Strategy 2019-2023 and Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-2022.
In particular, TA project will strengthen the capacities of the Ministry of Justice, Supreme Judicial Council, Anti-corruption Court, Specialized Anti-corruption departments of the Prosecutor General’s office and Corruption Prevention Commission in planning, strategic thinking, management, public finance management, monitoring, evaluation, budget support implementation and communication.
THERE ARE 3 PROJECT COMPONENTS:
1) Strengthening reform management in beneficiary institutions through improved institutional, human resource and change management policies and systems, improved budgeting and internal control and more effective aid.
2) Enhancing strategic planning, monitoring and reporting in key justice sector institutions and improving sector coordination.
3) Improving strategic communication and dialogue capacities related to reform implementation.
1. Overall objective: To strengthen the capacities of the Government to implement the Judicial and Legal Reform Strategy 2019-2023 and Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-2022.
2. Specific objective: To strengthen the capacities of the Government and particularly the Ministry of Justice, Supreme Judicial Council (SJC), Anti-Corruption Court (ACC), Specialized Anti-Corruption Department at Prosecutor General's Office (SADPG) or other key justice/anti-corruption institutions in the areas of forward planning, strategic thinking, management, PFM, monitoring and evaluation and strategic communication a view in general to provide a permanent improvement of capacities in the mentioned areas in the supported institutions.
1. Strengthened overall, management, PFM, and human resource management capacities of the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), SJC, ACC, CPC and SADPG and relevant key stakeholders (in particular the newly established bodies).
2. Enhanced the planning, coordination and monitoring including development of statistical reporting capacities of the MOJ, SJC, ACC, CPC and SADPG and relevant key stakeholders to report on the implementation and results of the judicial and anti-corruption strategies. Particular attention will be paid to assessing and enhancing the data collection mechanisms in the justice sector for better evidence-based policymaking and accurate monitoring and reporting.
3. Strengthened the communication and consultation capacities (public awareness) of the MOJ and relevant key stakeholders to strategically communicate the results of the reforms with stakeholders, media and with the general public.