EU4Dialogue: Improving exchanges across the divide through education and culture
The multicomponent EU4Dialogue Programme supports initiatives fostering an environment of dialogue and people-to-people contacts across the divides in South Caucasus and the Republic of Moldova.
The aim of this project is to improve exchanges across the divide through education and culture. With a total of seven consortium partners from Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Latvia and Poland, a series of short-, medium- and long-term measures are being implemented in a total of four work packages. The planned activities in the areas of schools, higher education and culture include study trips for pupils and students to EU countries, online language courses for teachers, summer schools, guest lectureships, artist residencies and training courses in the areas of cultural management, pedagogy, cultural heritage, theatre and film.
- Build the capacity of language teachers and professors from schools and universities in the conflict-affected areas and facilitate knowledge sharing with their EU peers.
- Explore options for students from conflict-affected areas to undertake study visits to the EU.
- Transfer expertise to professionals in the areas of education and culture.
- Provide support to cross-conflict cultural heritage cooperation projects in the target region.
- Extended role of EU as promotor of dialogue across the divides.
- Increased active youth participation and use of secondary education in conflict affected areas.
- Improved use of tertiary education for dialogue in the target region and between the region and the EU.
- Increased use of cultural heritage sites and cultural spaces for confidence-building measures.
- Improved dialogue across divides through increased people-to-people contacts.
Partnership that empowers, Partnership that protects
Civil society, Governance & public administration
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Republic of Moldova
Funding by the EU:
€2 999 254
EU Project Number: