2024 EaP Civil Society Fellowships: Apply Now!
2024 Call for applications for the EU-funded EaP Civil Society Fellowship Programme: Apply by December 27, 2023!
The Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility is delighted to announce the next Call for Applications for its EU-funded Fellowship programme!
The main objective of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellowships is to support civil society activists or civically minded women and men who demonstrate a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities. The Fellowships will build the Fellows’ capacity to constructively engage with communities and authorities and contribute to reforms in the EaP countries. You can find out more information by reading the 2024 Fellowship Application Guidelines.
Under this Call there are two types of Fellowship: Community Engagement Fellowships and Civic Digital Fellowships. The latter of these is specially designed to appeal to IT experts such as software engineers, data scientists, designers who innovate at the intersection of technology and the needs of their communities.
Not sure what’s best for you? Check the difference between those Fellowships in our cards below:
If you are successful and become a Fellow, the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Fellowship programme will:
- Provide you with tailored training and coaching.
- Support you with 5,000 EUR to implement your Fellowship activities.
- Give you access to networking opportunities and promote you as a civil society leader.
- Allow you to become part of our Fellowship alumni network.
To be a successful Fellow you need to:
- Have a strong sense of integrity.
- Have the desire to lead a change process in your community.
- Commit to learning and sharing your learning with others.
- Support EU values.
- Assume responsibility for the action proposed.
And to be eligible for a Fellowship you should:
- Be a natural person and not a legal entity (Fellowships are only awarded to individuals and NOT to organisations!).
- Have a proven commitment to civil society, activism, and civil leadership, or a desire to develop technological solutions for community needs.
- Be 18 years old or above.
- Be a citizen of one of the Eastern Partnership countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine.
- Have good English language skills.
How to Apply for the Fellowship programme:
- Applicants should download and carefully read the full 2024 Fellowship Application Guidelines!
- The first step in the application process is the submission of your Fellowship Concept Note (through this online form). Applicants with Concept Notes who meet the required evaluation criteria will be invited to make a Full Application.
- Join our Information Webinar for potential applicants on the 13th of December 2023 at 01:00 PM CET (Brussels time). The webinar will give interested applicants the opportunity to find out more about the programme and ask any questions they might have about the application process and the fellowship. Register for the webinar now!
- The applications (Concept Notes!) for the 2024 cohort of Fellows will close on 27th of December 2023.
- IMPORTANT: Submitted Concept Forms are assessed on a rolling basis, so the sooner applicants make a submission the quicker they will find out if they can move on to the Full Application stage!
- Please remember that this is a 2-stage application process. At stage 1 you apply with a short Concept Note. Those who successfully pass it will be invited to submit Full Applications under Stage 2. Closing date for receipt of Full Applications for the 2024 Fellowships will be on 26th of January 2024.
- 2024 Fellowships are expected to be awarded and start implementation in March 2024.
If you think using the online form would put you at risk please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Need some inspiration?
As of today we have 181 EaP Civil Society Fellows in our network. If you want to know more about the current Fellows, check this out:
- Fellowship section of our website with the infographics for each call (2017 – 2023)
- Meet our current Fellows (2017 – 2023) with the Fellows profiles and description of their projects
- Check the Featured Stories of some of our Fellows
Got some questions?
If you have additional questions please send them by e-mail no later than 5 days before the deadline for the submission of applications to email@example.com.
But before that please check our cards below for the most frequent questions (and answers to them) from the previous call for applications:
DOCUMENTS TO DOWNLOAD: