EU4Energy: Green for Growth Fund (GGF)
The Green for Growth Fund (GGF) is a specialised fund, supported by the European Union, designed to advance energy and resource efficiency, as well as renewable energy in Neighbourhood countries. It provides refinancing to financial institutions to enhance their participation in these sectors, and also invests directly into energy efficiency and renewable energy projects. This project extends the fund’s reach to Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
- Broadening the financing base of energy efficiency and renewable energy investments.
- Increasing awareness and deepening the financial sector servicing development needs.
- Harmonising and coordinating donor initiatives.
- Leveraging donor funding by mobilising funds from development banks and private sector.
- Providing refinancing for investments in energy efficiency and renewable energy to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), households and municipal entities via local financial institutions on a revolving basis.
- Providing capacity building, consulting and training measures, thereby further supporting the development of lending operations and increasing awareness.