Training and Operational Partnership Against Organised Crime (TOPCOP)
The project "Training and Operational Partnership Against Organised Crime" is a part of the multiannual work programme whose overall objective is a reduction of organised and serious international crime in the Eastern Neighbourhood region. The proposed action aims to improve cooperation within the Eastern Neighbourhood region, the EU Member States, and with the EU Agencies active in the field of preventing and countering serious and international organised crime, in line with the EU Policy Cycle. The project aims at improving the quality of cooperation and making it sustainable in the long run. CEPOL intends to apply similar methodologies used to facilitate the EU law enforcement cooperation via training, and extend the range of the EU available cooperation tools while offering the necessary flexibility and adaptability to satisfy the needs of the partner countries in the region. The project will facilitate the selection of focal points in each EaP partner country responsible for coordinating the collection of strategic data. The EaP Threat Assessment document will be drafted and focus on threats covering organised crime. One of the objectives is to provide a tool that would facilitate future cooperation with Europol.
The overall objective of the TOPCOP project is to improve effectiveness in fighting transnational organised crime in priority crime areas.
The specific objectives are:
- To strengthen strategic and operational cooperation between law enforcement authorities in the EaP countries, EU Member States and EU agencies.
- To build the capacity of relevant law enforcement services of the partner countries to fight against organised and serious international crime.
- Enhanced operational and strategic cooperation with the EU Member States and Agencies including through EMPACT.
- Enhanced capacities of law enforcement authorities in Eastern Partner countries to fight against organised and serious international crime on the basis of the needs analysis conducted.
- Enhanced intelligence-based operational planning in the countries of the Eastern Neighbourhood region.
Partnership that protects
Security & conflict response
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine
CEPOL , EUROPOL
Funding by the EU:
€6 000 000
EU Project Number: