Twinning Administrative Assistant /PPRD Local Coordinator
The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) is looking for an individual to undertake two roles: Twinning Administrative Assistant (50%) and Local Coordinator for PPRD project (50%) in Yerevan, Armenia. During 2022 the person will be contracted on a basis of a full-time contract, working half-time for the EU Twinning project “Enhancing Civil Protection in Armenia” and, at the same time, half-time for the EU funded programme Prevention, Preparedness and Response to natural and man-made disasters in Eastern Partnership countries – phase 3 (PPRD East 3), The position will be shared 50-50% between the programmes, during 2022. As from 1 st of January 2023, the position will only include 50% as Local Coordinator for PPRD East 3.
The EU funded Twinning project “Enhancing Civil Protection in Armenia”, started in October 2020, and lasts until December 2022. The project aims to strengthen resilience of Republic of Armenia through capacity development of the Ministry of Emergency Situations (MES) and the Rescue Service. The project office is located at the premises of MES, where the work is being carried out.
PPRD East 3 started in 2020 with the purpose to strengthen disaster risk reduction and crises
management in the Eastern Partnership countries and to promote regional cooperation among the
partnership countries and with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism. The 3rd phase of the
programme will be implemented during the years 2020-2024 and is operational in Armenia,
Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
The Twinning Administrative Assistant/ PPRD Local Coordinator will work under direct supervision of the Resident Twinning Adviser and the PPRD Team Leader. Work tasks include following:
- Provide daily technical support to the Supervisors and project experts. Office maintenance, record keeping, correspondence and other.
- Assisting in the logistical arrangements of experts’ missions, organisation of the trainings, seminars, workshops, and other project events taking place in Armenia e.g. booking of accommodation, venue, catering etc.
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships between the programme management teams and other stakeholders involved in the activities.
- Responsible for the Twinning administration, such as drafting Side Letters, Mission Certificates and other administrative documents as necessary.
- Ensuring administration procedures and documentation are followed according to PPRD East 3 programme and Twinning guidelines.
- Support in translation/interpretation from Armenian to English and vice versa during and in the preparation of the activities.
- Drafting and editing meeting minutes, assisting the PPRD Team Leader and Resident Twinning Adviser in editing quarterly project reports, work plans and any other relevant documents.
- Draft and disseminate communication materials for social media and other visibility platforms.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Resident Twinning Adviser and PPRD Team Leader as required.
- Inform the PPRD Team Leader and Resident Twinning Adviser of possible synergies with other ongoing national and international initiatives.
A successful candidate for this post is expected to possess:
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience, preferably in roles of a logistical officer, administrative officer, focal point, and project coordinator or similar.
- Strong communication skills with experience of using digital tools for communication purposes (Social media platforms, Zoom etc.)
- Strong computer skills with proven experience of using Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Structured approach to addressing tasks, strong admin skills and working in an organised way.
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment with high level participation
- Experience of spoken translation and high level documentation translation Armenian to English and vice versa is desirable.
- Experience of working in the field of Crisis Management (especially trainings and exercises) is an asset.
- Experience of work with volunteering organization and /or Civil Society Organizations involved in Civil Protection initiatives in Armenia is an advantage.
The programmes strive to work within normal office hours, however, since the
programmes cover several countries in different time zones, flexibility in working time is
expected. Travels in Armenia (mainly to the Lori and Syunik regions) will regularly take
place and international travel might occur.
University degree in the relevant academic field.
Proficiency written and spoken English and Armenian (mother tongue) is a mandatory requirement. Working knowledge of Russian is considered an asset.
It is of utmost priority that the candidate understands, respect and acts in the spirit of the mandate and core values of the EU and MSB. The candidate must possess a high level of professional and personal maturity, especially in relation to the conflict sensitivity in the region.
An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Resident Twinning Adviser, PPRD Team Leader, programme management, partner organisations, experts as well as external partners.
The candidate has an out-going personality and enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment, demonstrates initiative, is flexible and solution-oriented and feel comfortable working in a high pace working environment.
Social qualities such as responsive communication and interpersonal skills are considered essential. Cultural, gender and conflict sensitivity are essential for this position.
- Consultancy position, contracting on a basis of a service contract. The candidate is expected to have a status of self-employed/legal entity.
- The position is full-time occupation (100%) during 2022, and 50 % as from January 2023. Commencement date August 22, 2022.
- A gross monthly full-time salary of 1500 EUR
- Initial contracts (50% for Twinning and 50% for PPRD) will be signed for the period
- until 31 December 2022 with possibility for extension of the PPRD contract. The
- extension will be offered on the basis of a mid-term evaluation.
Application and selection process
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV in English and application letter per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference: Twinning Administrative Assistant / Local Coordinator ARMENIA, at the latest by 4 August 2022. In case of any questions regarding this position please contact Kriztin Solberg.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Short listed candidates will be invited to interviews digitally via Zoom, and possibly also a face-to-face interview.
The selected candidate must have a status of self-employed/legal entity. It will be his/her sole responsibility to comply with all legal requirements for self-employment as well as to cover all related taxes, charges including insurance.
Please be informed that interested candidates shall not currently have or have had any contractual relationship with the Ministry of Emergency Situation of RA in the past 6 months.
**According to the Twinning Manual (Revision 2017 – Update 2020, Art. 5.12), this data is stored and processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC.